Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back Yard Porch Side Garden - Work in Progress

Back Yard Porch "Side Garden"

After transplanting the Boleros from the front yard to the back yard's "side garden", I decided to stick with the tropical plant theme, and have added a few new plants. I also found some wooden edging that we put down today. This is still a work in progress. Some of the plants are still in their containers waiting to be planted, and I still have to re-mulch. It's coming along nicely, so I decided to take some pictures to show its progress.



Petra Croton, Euphorbia, and Trinette


I planted 2 Petra Crotons which are very pretty and colorful. They are also drought tolerant. This is a picture before the edging.








After edging (kind of bad lighting for a picture with all the tree shadows). I also added 5 Euphorbia, also known as Crown of Thorns around the tree which bloom red flowers in the summer. The last picture shows 2 Shefflera "Trinette" plants, which compliment the 2 Crotons, are very tropical, and are easy care plants....or so they say! If you look closely, you can see my Pineapple plant sitting in a pot on the table on the porch too!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment