Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bougainvellias are back!

My bougainvellias are making a great recovery after being damaged by the freezes over the winter. This one is in full bloom with pretty bright pink/purple flowers.

These two were significantly damaged from the freeze, but as you can see new leaves are starting to form, and one is even starting to bloom flowers!
I have 5 bougainvellias in the front yard, which I thought were all dead, but all but one is starting to show new green leaves. I'll be sure to cover them next winter if it freezes, so they don't have to go through this all over again.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I bought 3 new bougainvillea plants this Spring, but I have a feeling they're not going to do as well as yours. Pretty plants don't seem to love to bloom very much here in Texas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some bougainvellia food, I gave some to the 5 in the front that were completely dead looking, and they seem to be coming back! FL soil and weather is a big help too...

    ReplyDelete