Sunday, April 19, 2009

Side Garden Almost Done!


The garden in the back yard on the side of the porch is almost complete! I am almost finished planting the new plants. I just have a few more left to go. We added edging, landscape lighting, and mulch. Now I'm just waiting for the grass to grow in the back yard and it will look much better!

I planted the 2 trinettes, 3 bright green sweet potato plants & 2 purple queens for ground cover, and I'm still deciding on the 2 calladiums in the picture (still in the containers). The trinettes should get tall enough to cover the air conditioning unit., which will look much better.

One of the hawaiin ti's I transplanted didn't quite make it, so I replaced it with a croton, which goes nicely with the other 2 croton plans I had recently planted.

I think I want some smaller plants in front of the 3 crotons, but I'm not quite sure what I want yet, I think I have enough to start with.

Now I'll have to wait and see how well these plants do under my care! ;). I hope they survive!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment