Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weeds

This weekend, I decided to complete the dreadful deed of weeding. We have bahiagrass which is dormant in the Winter months, but comes back very well in the late Spring, early Summer. So, during the winter, there isn't a need to mow the lawn, because the grass doesn't grow. However those pesty weeds decided to take over. Instead of just mowing them down, and give them a greater chance of re-seeding from the cuttings; I dug them up. I pulled what I could, and used a shovel to make sure I was getting the roots of the others that were too hard to pull with my hands. I filled 3 black garbage bags with weeds! Although it was a dreadful task, I'm glad it was done. Hopefully I prevented the weeds from regerminating.

I also planted a croton petra this weekend, I'll take pictures soon and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment